PTFE recipes | Macarons
– 200g powdered almonds
– 250g icing sugar
– 6 egg whites
– 200g sugar
– 10 drops of pink food colouring
Preparation of 50 macaron shells:
- Mix the almonds and icing sugar in a bowl and then pass through a sieve.
- Beat the egg whites and add sugar. It should become relatively stiff. Add the almond and sugar mixture. Stir carefully to produce a thick paste.
- Colour with the food colouring.
- Using a piping bag, make small circles with a diameter of around 3cm on a baking paper (PTFE with fibreglass).
- Let the macarons stand for 30 minutes and then bake in a preheated oven at 150° for 15 minutes.
Cream variations for macarons:
- Melt the couverture in a bain-marie. Then mix the couverture with the whipped cream and the Cointreau.
- Leave the whole mixture to cool.
- Remove the finished macaroon shells from the baking tray. Using the piping bag, place a pea sized portion of cream on half of the shells. Put another shell on top and press it lightly.
- Another simple option for the macaron filling is high quality raspberry jam or a chocolate spread (e.g. Nutella).