PTFE recipes | Sushi
Ingredients for 24 pieces of sushi:
– 1 carrot + 100g cucumber
– 100g raw salmon (sushi quality)
– 3 tbsp rice wine (sake)
– 1/2 tsp sugar + 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 cup of rice (sushi rice)
– 2 nori sheets = 4 halves
– Horseradish (wasabi)
– Japanese soy sauce
– Pickled ginger
- Prepare the sushi rice as per the instructions on the packaging and leave to cool.
- Pack the salmon in foil and let it cool in the freezer for about 20 minutes. (do not freeze completely)
- Peel the carrot and cucumber, halve the cucumber lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut both vegetables into pieces about 1/2 cm thick.
- Bring rice wine, 2 tbsp water, sugar and salt to the boil in a small pan. Add the carrot pieces and blanch for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, add the cucumber slices, let the vegetables cool in the stock.
- Remove the chilled salmon from the freezer and cut it into strips about 1/2 cm thick.
- Place half a nori sheet crosswise on a sushi roll mat and spread the rice 1 cm from the edge – make sure to wet your hands beforehand. Cover the sheet evenly and relatively thinly. Spread wasabi onto the rice (careful, it’s very spicy). Then spread the salmon and the vegetables roughly in the middle and parallel to the lower edge of the nori sheet. Wet the edge which has been kept free and, using the bamboo sushi mat, wrap it into a roll and press it together firmly. Repeat this process four times. Put the 4 rolls into a cool place and cut them into 24 pieces (4 x 6) just before serving.